- 1 cup organic almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 ¼ cup organic rolled oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup organic rice syrup
- ¼ cup organic melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup beetroot puree
- 3.5 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl, combine the rice syrup, melted coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla.
Next add the rolled oats, almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
Mix using your hands. Mixture should be sticky and form to a ball. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the frozen raspberries, beetroot puree, tapioca flour, coconut sugar and lemon. Over medium heat, cook for 5-6 minutes or until compote has thickened. Set aside.
- Line a square tin with parchment paper. Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking tin. Top with the raspberry – beetroot compote, then finish by crumbling the remaining dough on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cover with foil half way, so the bars don’t get too brown. Once baked, let it rest 5 min, then transfer carefully onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing.