- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup organic coconut sugar
- ¼ cup organic rice syrup
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup organic beetroot puree (1/2 - 3/4 of a pack, blended in a blender)
- 1 ¾ cup organic cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- To a large bowl, add the beetroot puree, coconut sugar, brown rice syrup, plant milk and vanilla. Stir to combine. Next, add in the softened butter and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Now sift in the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda. Gently mix ingredients using a spatula.
- Finally, fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips. Set ¼ cup aside.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Then use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. Leave 3 cm of space between each cookie. Top cookies with remaining choc chip, press cookie down gently.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Once baked, gently transfer onto a cooling rack using a spatula. Careful, cookies will still be very soft when they come out of the oven.