- ½ cup (heaped) organic beetroot puree (about 1 pack of beetroot blended in a blender)
- 1 ¼ cup organic plant milk
- 2.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 2 cups gluten free or regular flour
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine the beetroot puree (beetroot blended in a blender), plant milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and vanilla. Let this rest for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, then mix until just combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients by using a spatula.
- Heat the waffle maker to a desired temperature. Once heated, brush the waffle pan with some coconut oil.
- Next fill the waffle maker with 2-3 spoons of the batter or until the waffle maker is nearly filled. Gently close the lid, and let it cook for 3.5-5 minutes. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- Top the waffles with fresh berries, diced beetroot, maple syrup and nut butter. Enjoy