- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g Bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 5 Eggs, whisked
- 150mL thickened cream
- 150mL milk
- 200g Spinach and Kale
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 sheets Short Crust Pastry
- Pastry weights or uncooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan. Then add in the onion and bacon and fry for 3-4mins until onion has softened and bacon begins to brown. Mix through spinach and kale and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Line the base and sides of a 24inch pie dish with short crust pastry. Overlap the pastry where needed and press it gently to form a seal. Trim the excess pastry from the edges and then prick the base all over with a fork. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with baking weights.
- Blind the bake pastry in the oven for 20mins. Remove the oven and allow to cool for 10mins. Reduce. The oven temperature to 180C.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and milk together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon, onion and kale spinach mixture over the base of the pastry. Then pour over egg mixture. Return the quiche to the oven for 30mins or until golden and set.
- Serve and Enjoy!