- 400g Firm Silken Tofu
- ½ cup plain flour or (gluten free flour)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 packet soba noodles
- 250g bag of Rainbow Slaw
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Cook the soba noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and allow to cool slightly. Add the rainbow slaw to the noodles and mix together.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper. Cut the tofu into 1cm x 2cm pieces then carefully toss the tofu in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a fry pan (it should be about 1-2cm deep). To test if the oil is hot, dip the end of a wooden spoon in the fry pan – if small bubbles form around it the oil is hot enough to cook.
- Add half the tofu, turning every few minutes to ensure all sides are brown and crispy. Remove and allow to cool slightly on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining tofu.
- Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, fish sauce, chili flakes and sesame seeds in a bowl and then drizzle over the salad. Top with crispy tofu to serve.