- 1 bag Iceberg lettuce blend
- 400g chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 slices of stale bread
- 100g streaky bacon, roughly diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 canned anchovy fillets
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the chicken on a lined baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then thinly slice chicken.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil and add the eggs. Allow to simmer for 12 minutes, then remove from heat and place in cold water.
- Roughly cut the stale bread into cubes, and toss with remaining olive oil. Spread onto a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat a skillet on high heat and cook the bacon for 5 minutes on high until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a piece of paper towel to drain excess oil. Peel the eggs and slice in half.
- To make the dressing, combine egg, garlic clove, lemon juice, anchovies and Dijon mustard in a food processor or blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Then with the motor running, pour in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream until thin, creamy dressing forms. If it is too thick, add a little water, or extra oil.
- Finally, spread the iceberg salad mix over a large plate or board then top with boiled eggs, bacon, bread and chicken and drizzle with dressing.