- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 300g bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in a frying pan (preferably with a lid) on a high heat. Add chicken breasts and season in the pan with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side to seal them. Then cover the pan with a lid and cook the chicken breast for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Use two forks to shred the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl or jar pour in the oil and balsamic vinegar. Use a fork to lightly whisk the mixture so that the balsamic vinegar breaks up slightly.
- Place the mixed leaves in a large salad bowl or plate, and then use a vegetable peeler to form thin ribbons of cucumber on top. Layer on the thinly sliced pear, chicken and almonds. Top with the dressing, or serve it on the side.